Websites For Parents and Families
- Duke Center for Eating Disorders Family and Education Portal
Coming in April: The Duke Center for Eating Disorders will launch a web-based family care and education portal with online support groups.
- Duke Center for Eating Disorders
Find resources on helping others with eating disorders. Also general information is provided about the center.
- Exchanges: UNC Eating Disorders Blog
- The blog, written by director Dr. Cynthia Bulik and other members of the UNC Eating Disorder treatment team provides different resources and educational stories about different aspects of eating disorders.
- UNC Eating Disorders Program
Check the education and research sections for additional resources. Also general information is provided about the program.
Admissions Coordinator: (919) 966-7012
- UNC Eating Disorders Podcast Series
Go to iTunes Store and search “unc eating disorders”
Downloadable podcasts about all aspects of eating disorders
- Maudsley Parents: A Site for Parents of Eating Disordered Children
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
National organization for families and sufferers with excellent resources on website.
- Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders (FEAST)
Organization for parents and caregivers to help loved ones recover from eating disorders by providing information and mutual support, promoting evidence-based treatment, and advocating for research and education to reduce the suffering associated with eating disorders
- Empowered Parents: A Family Approach to Healthy Eating, Positive Body Image, and the Prevention and Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Ten Acts of Courage for Parents of Children with Eating Disorders
- Helping Someone with an Eating Disorder: Advice for Parents, Family Members, and Friends
- Gurze Books
Largest distributor of eating disorder related materials.
- Something Fishy
Something Fishy is a great website featuring information such as signs, treatment, and recovery from eating disorders.
- Family Action Council: Eating Disorders Coalition
Seeks to advance the federal recognition of eating disorders as a public health priority
General Information on Eating Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Eating Disorders Association Parent Toolkit
This toolkit provides invaluable information for families including extremely helpful tips about dealing with insurance companies.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots organization for people with mental illness and their families. Founded in 1979, NAMI has affiliates in every state and in more than 1,100 local communities across the country.
- Something Fishy: A Website on Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorders—Publications and Education since 1980
- The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness
- Eating Disorders Coalition (EDC)
To advance the federal recognition of eating disorders as a public healthy priority. Family Action Council – an excellent network of families and legislators.
- Academy of Eating Disorders
A global professional association committed to leardership in eating disorders research, education, treatment, and prevention.
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Eating Disorder Hope
Eating Disorder Hope's mission is to offer hope, information and resources to individual eating disorder
sufferers, their family members and treatment providers.